THE HIGH COURT
Record No: 840P/2005
SHELL E & P IRELAND LIMITED
PHILIP MCGRATH, JAMES PHILBIN, WILLIE CORDUFF,
MONICA MULLER, BRID MCGARRY, PETER SWEETMAN
THE MINISTER FOR COMMUNICATIONS MARINE AND NATURAL RESOURCES, IRELAND AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
Defendants to the counterclaim of second and fifth defendants
Update (26th April 2007)
1. On Monday 23rd April 2007, Judge Laffoy dealt with the issue of costs on a number of Motions in the proceedings.
2. On the Plaintiff’s application for leave to discontinue the Plaintiff’s claim against the Defendants, the court awarded the costs of that Motion to the Defendants (to be taxed in default of agreement).
3. On the State parties’ application for extension of time within which to make discovery, the State parties conceded the Defendants were entitled to costs on the Motion and they were awarded to the Defendants.
4. On the Plaintiff’s application for an extension of time to make discovery to the 2nd and 5th named Defendants, the court awarded the costs to the 2nd and 5th Defendants.
5. On the Motion of the 2nd and 5th Defendants to strike out the pleadings of the Plaintiff for default in making discovery, the court declined to award costs and struck out that motion with no order as to costs.
6. On the Motion of the State parties seeking directions and the trial of a preliminary issue, the court reserved the costs of that motion to be costs in the cause.