Record No: 840P/2005
SHELL E & P IRELAND LIMITED
PHILIP MCGRATH, JAMES PHILBIN, WILLIE CORDUFF,
MONICA MULLER, BRID MCGARRY, PETER SWEETMAN
THE MINISTER FOR COMMUNICATIONS MARINE AND NATURAL RESOURCES, IRELAND AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
Defendants to the counterclaim of second and fifth defendants
Update (10th November 2006)
1. The privilege issue Motion came on for hearing before Judge McMenamin in court 3 in the Four Courts on 10th November 2006.
2. The parties informed the court that neither the Plaintiff nor the 2nd and/or the 5th defendants had any objection to him hearing the Motion.
3. The judge acknowledged he had played a role in the action previously and said in those circumstances it would be better if another judge should deal with the Motion so that justice could be seen to be done. He emphasised he was not recusing himself from the Motion.
4. The Motion will be listed for mention in the Chancery list next Tuesday, 14th November 2006 and another judge will be assigned, one with no previous involvement in the case.
5. (Judge McMenamin committed, inter alia, the 2nd defendant to jail for contempt of court in the proceedings in 2005)